If you've made our beef jerky or meatballs, then it is an absolute must to also put together some BBQ sauce to go with them...BBQ sauce that has bloody mary mix in it of course. Tangy, sweet and perfect over anything. You can't go wrong here, folks.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz. Tomato juice
- 1 can 28 oz. whole tomato with juice
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup Stu's Bloody Mary Mix
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce to a bare simmer and cook uncovered for 2 hours or until tomatoes have fully broken down.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Use as finishing sauce for grilled chicken or pork.
- Remove from stove top, cover with foil and bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve with turkey, chicken or ham.
Looking for a basting sauce while grilling?
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup of Stu's
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- Combine all ingredients and mop on meat as it cooks.