The Frozen Bloody Mary is a delicious twist to the popular Bloody Mary cocktail. Served frozen, this drink can be served as a dessert, as a pop / popsicle or just used to cool off on a hot day.
Frozen Bloody Mary Ingredients:
- 3 oz of your favorite vodka
- Red juicy tomatoes (about 8 medium)
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz Stu's Bloody Mary Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Finely chopped small celery leaves
- 6 whole celery leaves (garnish)
- Tomato juice (purchased or homemade)
Frozen Bloody Mary Directions:
- Combine all of your ingredients (except for the vodka) in a food processor.
- Blend until the bloody mary mixture is smooth. Note: Add the tomato juice to smooth out the mixture. The amount will depend on your preference.
- Take your mixture and pour it into a small glass baking dish (11x7x2 should work fine)
- Stick the baking dish into the freezer for about an hour.
- Freeze until you start to see that the mixture it setting around the edges, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to freeze, without stirring, until firm, about 2 more hours.
- Remove from the freezer
- Let stand until the mixture is soft enough to scrape with fork. (20-30 minutes is usually plenty).
- Use a fork to poke and scrape your frozen mix, forming flakes
- Divide among 6 glasses.
- Pour vodka over the mix and enjoy!
TIP: If this is too much work, here's an easy workaround that will still get you great results.
Put your tomatoes in the freezer the day before. Then blend the frozen tomatoes with the rest of the ingredients and serve -- Enjoy!