Making your own beef jerky. Just about the most badass thing you can think of, and we're going to give you a recipe to do it yourself. This isn't some cute, modern kitchen beef jerky. This is flannel shirt, middle-of-the-woods, Paul Bunyan beef jerky. Bring your best.
- 3 lbs hangar steak or flank steak
- 8 oz. Stu's This is Bloody Mary Concentrate
- 8 oz. Soy sauce
- Put beef in the freezer for 40 minutes to chill and firm up the flesh. With a sharp knife, slice against the grain of the meat, cutting it into small strips.
- Place strips and remaining ingredients into a 1-gallon sized zip-top bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Lay out strips on a baking pan and place in an oven at its lowest setting.
- Crack the door open and cook 2-3 hours flipping the strips every 20-30 minutes until the desired texture achieved.